Calendar of Upcoming Events
Intentional Parenting Workshop - Parents as CEOs of the Home
If a parent is the CEO of home, what insights can we learn from our family that we can apply to leadership?
As parents - how do we set an intentional framework that honours what we value without disconnecting from our children?
How do we act to make our leadership relevant, effective and valued?
Drawing on lessons from contemporary leadership and our most basic tribe, the family, Dr Yvonne Sum seeks to explain how to lead in this space with intent, and what you need to do to maintain intentional leadership in this changing, often fractured, world.
She will be presenting a two-day workshop, organised by Leaderonomics and supported by ParenThots. The details are as follows:
Intentional Parenting: Parents as CEOs of the Home
Dates: Jan 7 and 8, 2012
Venue: Cybertorium, Menara Star, No 15 Jalan 16/11, Petaling Jaya, Selangor
The workshop, on learning to inspire your kids, is recommended for parents (with children of all ages), grandparents, potential parents, educators and people who live or work with children.
Dr Sum is an internationally-certified Neuro Linguistic Programming (NLP) and Neuro-Semantic (NS) Trainer. She has worked with clients across Australia, the United States and Asia Pacific, including Chanel, Credit Union of Australia, Freehills, Estee Lauder, Johnson & Johnson, Kimberly Clark, the Malaysian Government, Microsoft, Nestle, Pfizer, Phillips, Sydney University, Thomas & Coffey and Westpac.
She presented her thought-provoking keynote TLC for Professional Women alongside Edward de Bono, Tony Buzan, Tun Dr Mahathir, Howard Gardner, Glen Capelli and Colin James at the 14th International Conference of Thinking 2009 in Kuala Lumpur.
The fee of the two-day workshop (inclusive of lunch on both days) is as follows:
Individual: RM288 (earlybird, those registering before Dec 10, 2011), RM328 (standard)
Couples: RM388 (earlybird, those registering before Dec 10, 2011), RM428 (standard)
There will also be a concurrent leadership programme for youths aged 11-18 in Menara Star's Cyberhub, which is just next door to the Cybertorium. Parents can bring their teenage children along for the youth activities.
This is for kids aged 11-18 and the fee is RM68 (early bird), RM88 (standard) per person.
For more information and to register, go to leaderonomics.com/parenting/.
Intentional Business Webinars - Essentials of Influence and Engagement
Come join Dr Yvonne Sum @ 10.30am AEST every other Thursday for the first of a series of 4 webinars on how to influence and engage in these challenging times. Starting with The Art of Connection
As an added value, the first 5 to register will be offered Premium memberships to attend these webinars at no cost. Please use the promo code MGCFAC1 when registering for FREE and you will be automatically upgraded.
This set of 4 webinars will run:
Thu Sep 8 @ 10.30am
1. Learning the Art of Connection: Building trust quickly and relating to people with ease
Thu Sep 22 @ 10.30am
2. Listening with all Your Senses: Going beyond Active Listening - making sense and connecting at a deeper level quicker
Thu Oct 6 @ 10.30am
3. Leading the Difficult Conversations: Appreciating how we “get” information, how to effectively deal with the differences and how to facilitate a desired outcome
Thu Oct 20 @ 10.30am
4. Learning from Intentional and Insightful thinking: Use of self reflection and leveraging the experience and knowledge in the greater group to re-integrate self, learning & partnering
Post global financial crisis uncertainty has made it more and more important for managers at all levels to know how to engage employees where maximum contribution and results are expected with limited resources. On the flip side, employees have the power to influence their career development and progression by learning to lead up as more organisations look to retaining talent as the costs of recruiting and training continue to escalate.
Some learning outcomes include:
• Building foundations of trust.
• The essential skills in learning partnerships.
• Understanding needs and managing expectations.
• Eliciting contribution from those you lead.
• Presenting messages that excite others to come on-board.
• Knowing and showing strengths and vulnerabilities - enough.
• Developing wider and deeper networks."
This series will be recorded so if you register and found you cannot make it live- just access the recording and it would be like you were there!
Navigating the Essence of Transformational Leadership' at 10.30am on Thursday June 9
About the Webinar:
- Effective leadership in the best of times involve clear intent, deep self-awareness and the great ability to develop and maintain constructive relationships.
- Intentional communication with followers in your tribe: direct reports, other colleagues, customers (internal & external)and managers is a necessary part of any leader's role.
Added 09-06-2011 10:30
Previous 1 Next