Media & Publications
Dr Yvonne Sum is a regular feature writer and Q&A columnist on Business Management and Life Issues for the "Dental Asia" Journal and has contributed to a Sunday Parenting Column in The Sarawak Tribune, "Australian Dental Practice" Magazine and "Australasian Dentist".
She is currently writing a book on Intentional Parenting due for release by Random House Australia in February 2013.
Her most recent articles with online magazines include:
Since 1996, Dr. Yvonne Sum has been a media consultant and spokesperson for:
- Australian Dental Association
- Edelman PR
- Rowland Company
- Sarawak Womens Summit
- Asian culture values selflessness, but when it comes to parenting does it create selfish children? Meera Sivasothy talks to Yvonne about drawing the line between self sacrifice and self empowerment, and what's best when imparting lessons to our young ones.
- Parents send their children to school hoping that they learn enough to do excel in life. But is a school syllabus enough to address a working adult’s daily challenges? We examine the importance of life skills average and how it can help our children with life’s daily challenges. Meera Sivasothy talks to Yvonne before the global launch of 'Back Pack Free Friday'.
- Dr Yvonne Sum is back with another exciting series titled 'The 7Rs of Parenting' and how it relates to leadership. This is part 4 of a 4 part series. Here Freda Liu discusses "Role modeling - Personal Life Vision, Mission & Values" in leadership with her.
- Dr Yvonne Sum is back with another exciting series titled 'The 7Rs of Parenting' and how it relates to leadership. This is part 3 of a 4 part series. Here Freda Liu discusses "Routines - Are they empowering or not?" in leadership with her.
- Dr Yvonne Sum is back with another exciting series titled 'The 7Rs of Parenting' and how it relates to leadership. This is part 2 of a 4 part series. Here Freda Liu discusses "Rules" in leadership with her.
- Dr Yvonne Sum is back with another exciting series titled 'The 7Rs of Parenting' and how it relates to leadership. THis is part 1 of a 4 part series. Here she 'Reviews & Reflects' the year gone by with Freda Liu.
- Dr Yvonne Sum, Intentional Parenting speaker and author, discusses with BFM Radio's Meera Sivasothy as to whether "Bad parenting is worse than poverty".
- Dr Yvonne Sum, leadership coach, speaks to Freda Liu about "Intentional Business: Essentials to Influence and Engage".
- Dr Rosina McAlpine interviews Dr Sum about "The 7Rs of Parenting - Learning Partnership with Children" that she wrote about in the book released by Sydney University Press in October 2011 called "Inspired Children- How leading minds of today raise their children".
- Dr Sum talks with Freda Liu about her chapter in the book "Inspired Children - How leading minds of today raise their children" about to be released in October 2011, and how this relates to "Parent Leadership in Business".
- 'Do as I say, not as I do' is the credo by which some parents live, but there are other ways to lead one's children down the right paths. Dr. Yvonne Sum shares her thoughts on how parents can be leaders in the family and lead by example.
- It's the wedding tomorrow. The wedding of Prince William and Ms Katherine Middleton. Here with me today to celebrate today is Dr Yvonne Sum, Leadership Coach and Author about The Engagement Layer Cake.
Dr Yvonne Sum, Transformation Coach speaks in her second installment on Leadership and Tribes. Today she concentrates on the application of tribal leadership at work.
Based on Seth Godin's work, Dr Yvonne Sum talks about leadership insights from the home tribe. In this context, tribes are groups of people connected to the leader connected by his/her passion.
Dr. Yvonne Sum talks about methods of communication for creating functional families and organizations. BFM business radio Kuala Lumpur, 20/08/2010 <
- BFM Radio - Raise your Game: Dysfunctional Families and Organizations
How is leadership similar in these contexts? Dr. Yvonne Sum talks about methods of communication for creating functional families and organizations.
- Dr Yvonne Sum spoke on the 3 Rs of Learning Partnership, BFM business radio Kuala Lumpur
- Dr Yvonne Sum talks about Role Modeling in Parental Leadership at Work, BFM business radio Kuala Lumpur
- Dr. Yvonne Sum spoke on Parent Leadership in Business - BFM business radio Kuala Lumpur
Dr. Yvonne Sum's interview on The Leaderonomics TV show
Leaderonomics Show: Yvonne Sum Part I of III
Leaderonomics Show: Yvonne Sum Part II of III
Leaderonomics Show: Yvonne Sum Part III of III
for more information about this interview please go to The Leaderonomics TV show
Dr. Yvonne Sum has appeared as a resident health expert on the Australian national lifestyle television programme, "At Home with John Mangos", and made guest appearances in a similar capacity on:
- "Good Medicine"
- "The Midday Show"
- "Second Opinion"
- "The Today Show"
For more free information:
Download a FREE Publication
Click here to download free publications for Intentional Living, Intentional Parenting, Intentional Leadership Intelligence and Intentional Business Programs.
For further information on customized programs and our complimentary TLC Needs Analysis, please email us at email@example.com